Flights to Cancun are on sale for less than $300 round trip, departing from a handful of U.S. cities, with availability throughout the fall.
Airlines: Aeromexico and Delta Air Lines.
Routes: From Austin, Boston, Denver, Houston, Chicago and Washington, D.C., to Cancun.
How to book: Browse Google Flights and book directly with the airline.
Travel dates: April through June and August through November. Some routes have limited availability in July.
Book by: One to two days.
This deal was originally sent out by Going, formerly known as Scott’s Cheap Flights. Sign up for Going to get deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
The following flights to Cancun International Airport (CUN) were priced as listed at the time of publication. We cannot guarantee the below round-trip flights will be available when you book:
- From George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), starting at $211.
- From Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), starting at $267.
- From Denver International Airport (DEN), starting at $274.
- From Dulles International Airport (IAD), starting at $281.
- From Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), starting at $283.
- From Midway International Airport (MDW), starting at $284.
When you search this deal, you’ll see that these flights are available flying basic economy on Aeromexico and Delta, with layovers both ways in Mexico City and Atlanta, respectively.
Basic economy on both carriers includes one free carry-on bag; there’s a $60 fee to check a bag. Delta allows travelers to change basic economy tickets for a fee, but Aeromexico does not permit ticket changes with this fare type.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases.
Frequent Delta flyers should use one of Delta’s cobranded credit cards: The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card earns 3 miles per dollar on eligible Delta purchases and at hotels (when booking directly with the airline), the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card earns 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases, and the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card earns 3 miles per dollar on Delta purchases.
These sub-$300 flights offer a $200-plus discount off this route’s normal $500 price range. Book as soon as possible because deals aren’t guaranteed to last.
- The St. Regis Punta Mita: This resort will restore your faith in the service sector
- A luxurious oasis with impeccable service and style: My stay at the new Waldorf Astoria Cancun
- These are the best times to visit Mexico
- How I took my dad to Mexico City with a winning combination of vouchers, credits and points