If you’ve been waiting to plan a Hawaii vacation, wait no longer. Multiple airlines are offering round-trip flights to the Hawaiian Islands from $237 to $476. Deals are for flights taken from August 2023 through early 2024.
It’s important to note Hawaii has struggled with overtourism. If you travel there, be mindful of your accommodation and transportation choices and try to practice sustainable tourism.
This includes keeping your distance from and not feeding wildlife, leaving the beaches and other areas cleaner than you found them, and refraining from taking rocks, flowers or other pieces of nature. Check out the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawaii for information and tools to help you plan a trip the right way.
Airlines: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines.
Routes: From San Francisco, Austin, Baltimore, Houston, Atlanta, Minneapolis and more to Hawaii.
How to book: Search Google Flights, then book directly with the airline.
Travel dates: August 2023 through February 2024, with some extra availability in September.
Book by: As soon as possible before seats sell out.
Blackout dates: Holiday travel is excluded.
The following flights were priced as listed at the time of publication. We cannot guarantee the below round-trip flights will be available when you book:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) to Kona International Airport (KOA) or Kahului Airport (OGG) for $316.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) to KOA or OGG for $476.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) to OGG for $376.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to Lihue Airport (LIH) for $476.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) to OGG for $426.
- San Francisco International Airport to KOA for $237.
Consider the below flight from Austin to Maui on American Airlines. You could spend a week exploring the beaches, snorkeling and hiking to waterfalls for just $316. Note that the layover at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is on the shorter end of the spectrum. If you’re worried about making such a quick connection or think you’ll need assistance, select a flight with a longer layover.
This rate applies to basic economy seats, which include one free carry-on bag. You’ll pay $60 to check a bag. If you want to select your seat or change your flight free of charge, upgrade to a main cabin ticket. Even with the upgrade, the flight is still a good deal.
As you can see below, the round-trip fare of $316 is about half of the regular price.
For those traveling to Hawaii from the Midwest, there are great deals available from Minneapolis with Delta Air Lines.
This fare also applies to basic economy tickets. Travelers are allowed one free carry-on bag but will be charged a fee to select a seat or change tickets.
According to Google Flights, this $426 fare is about $200 cheaper than usual.
Planning to stay in Hawaii for an extended period — or just like to pack many changes of clothes? Consider booking a flight through Southwest Airlines. Although Southwest’s fares are a bit more expensive, the airline allows passengers two free checked bags.
Related: Best hotels and resorts in Hawaii
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel.
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel.
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare.
Depending on which airline you choose to fly with, consider using its cobranded credit card, such as:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®: 2 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: 2 SkyMiles per dollar on Delta purchases.
- United Club Infinite Card: 4 United MileagePlus miles per dollar on United purchases.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card: 3 Rapid Rewards points per dollar on Southwest purchases.
Some of these flight deals to Hawaii are as much as half off their usual prices. You can find deals on multiple airlines from multiple cities for dates starting this fall through February 2024.
Leave your worries behind as you lounge on the beaches or hike around Kauai. However, remember to respect the wildlife, nature and culture of the Hawaiian Islands during your visit.
- When is the best time to book flights for the cheapest airfare?
- The best airline credit cards
- What exactly are airline miles, anyway?
- 6 real-life strategies you can use when your flight is canceled or delayed
- Maximize your airfare: The best credit cards for booking flights
- The best credit cards to reach elite status
- What are points and miles worth? TPG’s monthly valuations