Southwest Airlines is offering deals on one-way flights across its entire network for travel this fall and winter and even into spring.
Play around with the airline’s Low Fare Calendar to find the cheapest and best dates for your trip.
Routes: All Southwest routes
How to book: Directly through the airline’s website
Travel dates: Nov. 23, 2023, through May 22, 2024
Book by: Thursday at 11:59 p.m. PDT
Blackout dates: Dec. 26 to 27, 2023, and Jan. 2, 2024, on continental U.S. trips; other blackout dates apply to specific locations
While the promotion advertises one-way flights as low as $39, most one-way fares I found are about $69. For example, if you want to visit Washington, D.C., from Boston, there are plenty of flights starting at $69.
All Southwest tickets include a carry-on bag and two checked bags, so you won’t have to worry about those extra fees. Your total would be about $138 round-trip.
If you’re in the Los Angeles area and want to hit the slopes in Colorado this January, one-way flights from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Denver International Airport (DEN) start at $89.
Thanks to the airline’s two-free-checked-bags policy, you’ll have plenty of space to pack your warm winter clothes.
If you want to avoid LAX at all costs, consider taking a cheap flight from Ontario International Airport (ONT), which is only about 38 miles east of Los Angeles. Southwest is offering $39 one-way tickets from Ontario to Las Vegas this winter.
There are also plenty of low fares among the Hawaiian Islands if you want to check out multiple destinations on your Hawaii vacation.
Maximize your purchase
Or, use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar spent on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar spent on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare
Book by Thursday night to capitalize on these cheap flight deals from Southwest. Not only are the flights inexpensive, but the airline’s baggage allowance means you won’t find hidden fees for your suitcase.
- New Southwest credit card offers: Earn 75,000 bonus points on three personal cards
- Southwest revamps Rapid Rewards by lowering thresholds for status
- 10 easy ways to earn more Southwest Rapid Rewards points
- Southwest Priority credit card review: Valuable perks for frequent Southwest travelers
- The 10 best places to visit in December